Chinese Health Balls
Also called Baoding balls, they are a means to exercise hand muscles. Moreover, they improve brain function and diminish stress when used as an alternative medicine to stimulate the acupuncture points on the hand.
- In addition to relieving stress, these traditional Chinese Health Balls are known to improve joints, blood circulation, sleep patterns and memory.
- Two or more Baoding balls are rotated repetitively in the hand to improve manual dexterity and strength, and they are also said to assist in injury recovery.
- Each ball measures a bit over 1.5 inches in diameter. Beautiful decorated box included. Soothing chimes inside to further reduce stress.
How to use:
- First, place two Chinese medicine balls in the palm of one hand. Close your palm and fingers over the medicine balls, forming a loose grip.
- Rotate the Chinese medicine balls clockwise using your fingers and palm. Continue rotating the Chinese medicine balls clockwise, making five complete revolutions.
- Rotate your fingers and palm counterclockwise, after five clockwise revolutions, spinning the Chinese medicine balls in the opposite direction for an additional five revolutions.
- Lastly, switch hands, placing the Chinese medicine balls in the palm of your other hand. Repeat the clockwise and counterclockwise exercises. Continue switching the Chinese medicine balls from palm to palm for approximately 15 minutes. Repeat the exercise several times per day.
Size: Diameter 53mm
Once you get the hang of rotating two Chinese medicine balls, try adding a third, fourth and finally, a fifth ball to the rotation.
Since the balls come in small-to-large circumferences, you can use them for a variety of hand sizes and skill levels.
Last but not least, rolling a Baoding ball around under your bare foot will help to relieve tension in your foot and trigger more acupuncture points.
2 x Chinese Health Balls
1 x Box (the color of box is random)
Start slowly and work your way up to more than two balls. While exercising with Chinese medicine balls can be helpful, overuse can cause cramping and muscle aches. If you begin to develop pain while performing the exercises, give yourself a few days break.